Bear in mind, though, that a listing for 16-year-old Digable Planets albums might be an accurate reflection of your recent listening, but won’t be included in the vote. Let’s play 2010 for now, and maybe in the new year we might take submissions on the non-2010 albums you played most in 2010, if you’re especially keen to share.
Pushing fearlessly towards 2011, meanwhile, a pretty mixed bag this week. As I type, the new Kompakt “Pop Ambient” comp has drifted into some enormously sinister isolationism, which isn’t quite what I asked for. The old Arbouretum records, incidentally, were dug out in preparation for a piece I’m writing on the band for the next print edition of Uncut. Great band.
1. Arbouretum – Rites Of Uncovering (Thrill Jockey)
2. Arbouretum – Song Of The Pearl (Thrill Jockey)
3. Outshine Family – Galeria De La Luz (Blackmaps)
4. Roedelius – Selbstportrait (Sky/Bureau B)
5. Erland & The Carnival – Nightingale (Full Time Hobby)
6. Jæ – Balls And Kittens, Draught And Strangling Rain (Hubro)
7. Seefeel – Seefeel (Warp)
8. Mogwai – Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will (Rock Action)
9. Metal Mountains – Golden Trees (Amish)
10. Faust – Something Dirty (Bureau B)
11. Gruff Rhys – Hotel Shampoo (Turnstile)
12. Kurt Vile – Smoke Ring For My Halo (Matador)
13. Sarah Lee Guthrie & Johnny Irion – Bright Examples (Ninth Street Opus)
14. Various Artists – Pop Ambient 2011 (Kompakt)