Ahead of the prize being awarded later this week, see what you chose
The inaugural Uncut Music Award is due to be presented later this week, but ahead of that , we counted up your votes to see what you think the most rewarding album released between August 2007 and September 2008 was.
From the shortlist of eight albums, uncut.co.uk readers chose Drive By Truckers Brighter Than Creation’s Dark album as their pick of the bunch, by quite some way.
In second place was The Felice Brothers self-titled album, and in third, Bon Iver with For Emma, Forever Ago.
Joint fourth place is shared by Fleet Foxes self titled debut and The Raconteurs Consolers of The Lonely.
Stay tuned to find out who our illustrious judges – Peter Hook, Linda Thompson, Edwyn Collins, Bob Harris, Mark Radcliffe, Danny Kelly, Vince Power, Tony Wadsworth, Alison Howe and Allan Jones have chosen as the first ever winners of the Uncut Music Award.
The full shortlist, in alphabetical order, is:
1. BON IVER – For Emma, Forever Ago (4AD)
2. DRIVE BY TRUCKERS – Brighter Than Creation’s Dark (New West)
3. ELBOW – The Seldom-Seen Kid (Fiction)
4. THE FELICE BROTHERS – The Felice Brothers (Loose)
5. FLEET FOXES – Fleet Foxes (Bella Union)
6. THE RACONTEURS – Consolers Of The Lonely (XL)
7. RADIOHEAD – In Rainbows (XL)
8. VAMPIRE WEEKEND – Vampire Weekend (XL)
See the dedicated Uncut Music Award blog here, for more information about the prize.
For more music and film news click here