Paul McCartney will resume his tour next month [July] after illness forced him to cancel a spate of shows.
ITV reports that a spokesperson for McCartney has confirmed that he is on the mend as he continues to recover a virus which saw him hospitalised in Tokyo, Japan last month. He subsequently postponed a series of shows in Lubbock, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Nashville and Louisville on his ‘Out There’ tour, which have now been re-arranged for October.
A spokesperson for the singer, who also had to cancel the Japan leg of his tour and a gig in South Korea, said that McCartney was “fine” and insisted that “the tour resumes in July”. He is scheduled to play in Albany on July 5.
Speaking previously about the cancelled concerts, McCartney said: “I’m sorry but it’s going to be a few more weeks before we get rocking in America again. I’m feeling great but taking my docs’ advice to take it easy for just a few more days. Look forward to seeing you all soon.”