Platinum-selling US glam metal band Poison have unveiled the track listing for their new studio album of rock covers.
The band who have had success with diverse cover versions on many of their previous albums throughout the 80s and 90s have recorded thirteen tracks by artists from David Bowie to Grand Funk Railroad.
“Poison’d” to be released on June 4 is the group’s first new release since the critically panned “Hollyweird” in 2002. They have since had a re-issue campaign of their early albums and a Greatest Hits package released.
The current line-up includes original Poison members Bret Michaels (vocals), C.C. Deville (guitar), Rikki Rockett (drums) and Bobby Dall (bass).
The band picked their favorite trcaks to cover including Bowie’s “Suffragete City” and The Rolling Stones’ “Dead Flowers.”
Some of the tracks such as Kiss’ “Rock and Roll All Nite” and Loggins & Messina’s “Your Mama Don’t Dance” from earlier Poison releases.
Poison are about to embark on a massive North American tour, and front man Bret Michaels is due to star in a new VH1 reality TV series called -” Rock of Love with Bret Michaels.” VH1’s description of the show has “the hard-rockin’ Poison front man looking for a woman who can truly keep up with his rock-n-roll lifestyle and not become jealous of his one true passion — performing, which has been the reason for and destruction of most of his relationships.”
The full track listing is as follows:
1. Little Willy (originally performed by Sweet)
2. Suffragette City (originally performed by David Bowie)
3. I Never Cry (originally performed by Alice Cooper)
4. I Need to Know (originally performed by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)
5. Can’t You See (originally performed by The Marshall Tucker Band)
6. What I Like About You (originally performed by The Romantics)
7. Dead Flowers (originally performed by The Rolling Stones)
8. Just What I Needed (originally performed by The Cars)
9. Rock and Roll All Nite (originally performed by Kiss)
10. Squeeze Box (originally performed by The Who)
11. You Don’t Mess Around With Jim (originally performed by Jim Croce)
12. Your Mama Don’t Dance (originally performed by Loggins & Messina)
13. We’re An American Band (originally performed by Grand Funk Railroad)