A fairly fractious mix over the past day and a half, at least one of which made (for good reason, I must admit) our production editor evacuate the Uncut office at speed. A load of Kraftwerk bootlegs are currently in circulation, following the 1971 session I recommended the other day, and this one from Croydon, 1975, is tremendous.
In other news: a return visit to Stephen Malkmus‘ “Pig Lib” was rewarding; I started downloading the Japrocksampler motherlode, beginning with Takehisa Kosugi‘s uncommonly eerie minimalism; and “Weather To Fly” by Elbow continues to stop me in my tracks. Here’s the full rundown – how about you post your latest playlists below?
1. The Cave Singers – Invitation Songs (Matador)
2. Rings – Black Habit (Paw Tracks)
3. The Triffids – Early Singles (Domino)
4. Crystal Castles – Crystal Castles (Last Gang)
5. Beach House – Devotiom (Bella Union)
6. Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks – Pig Lib (Domino)
7. Dead Meadow – Old Growth (Matador)
8. Kraftwerk – Live At Croydon Fairfield Halls, September 21 1975 (Bootleg)
9. Baby Dee – Safe Inside The Day (Drag City)
10. Takehisa Kosugi – Catch Wave (Sony Japan)
11. Elbow – The Seldom Seen Kid (Fiction)
12. Foals – Antidotes (Transgressive)