I wandered into the office this morning to hear the new album from Stereolab playing – or at least weirdly and abruptly truncated edits of the songs on the new Stereolab album, which weren’t exactly the best way of getting the measure of “Chemical Chords”. The big discovery this week, though, has been the debut album from the pretty self-explanatory Endless Boogie, which I’ll write about properly in the next few days. There’s also, and I apologise, for this, a “Secret” record in the playlist this week, whose title I’m not allowed to reveal since, “All info on this is being kept under wraps until next week so please don’t breathe a word to anyone that you even know a XXXXXX album is coming, let alone have heard it.”
Anyway, I didn’t like it. Anyone fancy a guess?
2 Cloudland Canyon – Lie In Light (Kranky)
3. Gilberto Gil – The Sound Of Revolution 1968-69 (El)
5. My Bloody Valentine – Loveless (SonyBMG)
6. Rodriguez – Cold Fact (Light In The Attic)
7. Mumford & Sons – Roll Away Your Stone (Chess Club)
9. Endless Boogie – Focus Level (No Quarter)
10. The Necks – Chemist (ReR)
13. Sleep – Holy Mountain (Earache)
14. My Bloody Valentine – Isn’t Anything (SonyBMG)
15. Various Artists – Has It Dawned On You? (Dawn)
16. Ratatat – LP3 (XL)
17. DJ Lord Ward – Brooklyn Blister (Corsair)
18. A BIG SECRET!
19. Stereolab – Chemical Chords (4AD)
20. The Wu-Tang Clan – 8 Diagrams (Bodog)
21. Endless Boogie AGAIN. . . . . .