Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary tour delayed until 2013
The Rolling Stones have delayed their 50th anniversary tour until 2013, according to reports.
The legendary rock'n'roll band played their first ever gig in London on July 12, 1962, and had been expected to celebrate the half-a-century landmark by embarking on a world tour later this year.
Last month guitarist Ronnie Wood had said that he and his bandmates owed it to their fans to hit the road and play shows together and suggested that the group were on the verge of touring, but according to Rolling Stone, the proposed jaunt has been put back until 2013.
Keith Richards revealed: "Basically, we're just not ready. I have a feeling that's  more realistic."
It is also reported that health concerns regarding Richards are the reason for the delay, as there are doubts that he would be able to commit to a full world tour, but the guitarist insisted that playing in 2013 would be a more fitting half-centenary anniversary. "The Stones always considered '63 to be 50 years, because Charlie [Watts, drummer] didn't actually join until January," he said. "We look upon 2012 as sort of the year of conception, but the birth is next year."
Richards also confirmed that the band were about to enter the studio together and refused to rule out the possibility of former bassist Bill Wyman for the tour, claiming that he was "up for it" and they had discussed him teaming up again with his former bandmates.
The Rolling Stones will release a new photo album to mark 50 years since their first ever gig this year. The tome – which is titled The Rolling Stones: 50 - will feature 700 shots and words from the band on their history, and will UK bookshelves on July 12.
Please fill in our quick survey about the relaunched Uncut – and you could win a 12 month subscription to the magazine. Click here to see the survey. Thanks!