Mick Jagger: 'The Rolling Stones aren't gonna do Coachella'
Mick Jagger has confirmed to NME that The Rolling Stones will not be playing the Coachella festival in 2013, despite strong rumours suggesting they would.
Addressing the rumours that the legendary rock'n'rollers will be playing the California bash, Jagger said: "We're not gonna do Coachella, 'cos it's too early. There was a rumour we were gonna do that one, but it's very early, Coachella. It's April or something, isn’t it? And we're not gonna be ready to go by April. But we're not gonna stop."
In December last year, The Rolling Stones seemingly leaked plans to play the festival after the rock legends' mobile app listed a new live date on April 12, 2013 in Indio at Coachella 2013, although they quickly took the information down.
Regardless of the band's plans for Coachella, however, both singer Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards have spoken about the possibility of playing more live shows in 2013. Jagger said that, after their brief run of gigs in London, New York and New Jersey at the tail end of 2012, the band were in fine form and keen to get back on the stage to continue performing, stating: "I'm going to see what's on the table and discuss it with everyone. We'll announce it when we've figured it out." Richards, meanwhile, added: "Really, all you're going to have to do is wait for an announcement."
Their comments came after Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood recently claimed that the band will "rock till they drop".