A Whiter Shade Of Pale Is Most Played Song In Public
Procol Harum's 1967 No. 1 hit "A Whiter Shade of Pale" has been named the most played song in public in the past 75 years, topping a new chart compiled for Radio 2.
Queen came in at two with "Bohemian Rhapsody" and at No. 3 is The Everly Brothers' "All I Have To Do Is Dream".
Although The Beatles don't feature in the Top 10, they do have three songs on the chart; "Hello Goodbye" (11), "Get Back" (13)and "From Me To You" (51).
Former Take That singer Robbie Williams matches The Beatles for most number of entries, also getting three.
The 100 tracks chart was compiled based on licensing firm PPL.
The Top 10 most played songs are:
1. Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
2. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
3. Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
4. Wet Wet Wet - Love Is All Around
5. Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
6. Robbie Williams - Angels
7. Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
8. Abba - Dancing Queen
9. Perry Como - Magic Moments
10. Bing Crosby - White Christmas
For more music and film news click here