Wild Mercury Sound
Yes, it's another list of records played in the Uncut office. Bear with me. . .
So today at Uncut we've been frantically finishing the issue, struggling in vain to make an online streaming of the new Om album work and, oh yeah, doing a lot of interviews with various radio and TV stations about this Led Zeppelin reunion.
Exciting news, of course, though I hope it doesn't entirely detract from the excellent new Robert Plant album that I wrote about here last week. If you want to try and get tickets for the show on November 26, the details are all here. Good luck!
You can probably see the excuse coming by now, but all of this means that yet again I haven't had time to do a proper blog today, and the pile of proofs on my desk mean that I still don't. As is customary, then, I'll resort to the exigency of compiling today's playlist. Quite a lot here, thanks to our Reviews Editor making a pretty concerted effort to get to grips with the teetering piles on his desk. . .
1. Johnny "Guitar" Watson - Untouchable! The Classic 1959-1966 Recordings
2. Paul Weller - Wild Wood Deluxe
3. Black Diamond Heavies - Every Damn Time
4. Adele - Hometown Glory
5. That Record I Alluded To Yesterday That I Can't Name Yet
6. Peter Von Poehl - Going To Where The Tea Trees Are
7. Dan Deacon - Spiderman Of The Rings
8. East Of Underground - East Of Underground
9. Toumani Diabate - Si Naani/ Cantelowes
10. Orchestra Baobab - Made In Dakar
11. Six Organs Of Admittance - Shelter From The Ash
12. Prefuse 73 - Preparations