Here's the first quarter of my very subjective favourites list of 2011. The ordering is pretty arbitrary, to be honest, but I guess it's all part of the game.
Here’s the first quarter of my very subjective favourites list of 2011. The ordering is pretty arbitrary, to be honest, but I guess it’s all part of the game.
The links lead to pieces/blogs I’ve written about those records. Let me know, as ever, what you think, what I’ve forgotten and, of course, what your favourites are. And thanks, once again, for all your support and encouragement through the year.
100. Rene Hell – The Terminal Symphony (Type)
99. King’s Daughters And Sons – If Not Then When (Chemikal Underground)
98. Wolfgang Voigt – Kafkatrax (Profan)
97. James Ferraro – Far Side Virtual (Hippos In Tanks)
96. Eternal Tapestry – Beyond The 4th Door (Thrill Jockey)
95. Moon Duo – Mazes (Souterrain Transmissions)
94. Daughters Of The Sun – Ghost With Chains (Not Not Fun)
93. Alexander Turnquist – Hallway Of Mirrors (VHF)
92. Fucked Up – David Comes To Life (Matador)
91. Arborea – Red Planet (Strange Attractors Audio House)
90. Mind Over Mirrors – The Voice Rolling (Digitalis)
89. Modeselektor – Monkeytown (Monkeytown)
88. Chuck Johnson – A Struggle Not A Thought (Strange Attractors Audio House)
87. Oneohtrix Point Never – Replica (Software)
86. Ensemble Economique – Crossing The Pass, By Torchlight (Dekorder)
85. D Charles Speer – Arghiledes (Thrill Jockey)
84. Mark Fry – I Lived In Trees (Second Language)
83. Nathan Salsburg & James Elkington – Avo (Tompkins Square)
82. Gruff Rhys – Hotel Shampoo (Turnstile)
81. Jozef Van Wissem – The Joy That Never Ends (Important)
80. Eternal Tapestry/Sun Araw – Night Gallery (Thrill Jockey)
79. 200 Years – 200 Years (Drag City)
78. Group Inerane – Guitars From Agadez Volume Three (Sublime Frequencies)
77. The Roots – Undun (Def Jam)
76. Metal Mountains – Golden Trees (Amish)
Carry on to 75 to 51 and 50 to 26 and the top 25.