The View From Here
The View From Here: The 20 Best Albums Of 2013
Apologies - I've been a little late posting my Best Albums Of 2013 list. In mitigation, at least I managed to post my Best Films Of 2013 last week, which you can read here.
Meanwhile, you can also find Uncut's Best Albums Of 2013 here, which includes links to the original reviews.
I'd also like to reiterate Allan and Tom's comments that votes were cast a long time before the recent allegations against Roy Harper came to light. I'm not sure how my vote would have been affected if the charges against Harper had been made public earlier, all the same Man & Myth was the new album I played most in 2013.
Anyway, on behalf of us all up here: have a great Christmas and New Year and we'll see you in 2014. We'll be posting archive features and reviews during the break, so do keep dropping by from time to time.
20. Explosions In The Sky & David Wingo, Prince Avalanche OST
19. Arctic Monkeys, AM
18. Jonathan Wilson, Fanfare
17. Endless Boogie, Long Island
16. The National, Trouble Will Find Me
15. Laura Marling, Once I Was An Eagle
14. Low, The Invisible Way
13. David Bowie, The Next Day
12. Bryan Ferry Orchestra, The Jazz Age
11. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Push Away The Sky
10. Mark Kozelek & Desertshore, Mark Kozelek & Desertshore
9. Bill Callahan, Dream River
8. Matthew E White, Big Inner
7. My Bloody Valentine, mbv
6. Atoms For Peace, Amok
5. Parquet Courts, Light Up Gold
4. Mazzy Star, Seasons Of Your Day
3. Broadcast, Berberian Sound Studio OST
2. Boards Of Canada, Tomorrow’s Harvest
1. Roy Harper, Man And Myth
Follow me on Twitter @MichaelBonner.
Visit our dedicated features section, with plenty of our best long pieces archived there. You can find it here.