Authorised book of Nick Drake's life and work announced
A new authorised book of Nick Drake’s life and work is due to be published by John Murray in November.
Nick Drake: Remembered For A While has been compiled and edited by his sister Gabrielle Drake and by Cally Callomon, manager of Nick’s musical estate.
The book will include handwritten and typed lyrics, a guide to each song’s key and tuning, an essay, interviews with Nick’s musical collaborators and friends including his producer Joe Boyd, recording engineer John Wood and his orchestrator, the late Robert Kirby. The book also includes photographs, extracts from his letters, a guide to all of Drake's live performances and newly commissioned pieces by Drake's friends Jeremy Harmer, Brian Wells, Robin Frederick and the poet Will Stone.
The book will be released in two editions:
The Signature Boxed Edition
* Hardback and quarter-bound in cloth, with a printed acetate cover
* An exclusive 10ʺ vinyl of an unreleased recording of five Nick Drake tracks from a 1969 BBC John Peel session: ‘Time Of No Reply’, ‘River Man’, ‘Three Hours’, ‘Bryter Layter’ and ‘Cello Song’
* A portfolio containing three photographs of Nick taken by Julian Lloyd in 1967. Each portfolio will have a numbered authentication certificate signed by Julian Lloyd
* Over 380 full-colour pages
* Each copy signed by Gabrielle Drake and Cally Callomon
* All the contents will be housed in a cloth-covered box
* Priced at £150, it is available to pre-order here
The Standard Hardback Edition
* Hardback book containing over 380 full-colour pages and will be available from high street and internet retailers, priced £35
Visit our dedicated features section, with plenty of our best long pieces archived there. You can find it here.