Amy Winehouse Up For Songwriting Awards
Amy Winehouse leads the nomnations for next month's Ivor Novello songwriting awards.
The singer is up for three awards with "Love Is A Losing Game" and "You No I'm No Good" both up for best song of the year.
Winehouse's "Rehab", which won the award for best contemporary song at last year's ceremony is also nominated again, this year for best selling British song.
Radiohead are also nominated for one of the prestigious publishing awards for latest studio album In Rainbows. It competes with releases by Stephen Fretwell and Cherry Ghost for the best album award.
Cherry Ghost's "People Help The People" is also in the running for the prize of best contemporary song, competing against Kate Nash's "Foundations" and Klaxons' "Golden Skans".
The Ivor Novello Awards are to be announced at a ceremony at London's Grosvenor House Hotel on May 22.
The 2008 Ivor Novello nominees are:
Best Song Musically & Lyrically:
• 'Let Me Out’ - Ben’s Brother
• 'Love Is A Losing Game’ - Amy Winehouse
• 'You Know I’m No Good’ - Amy Winehouse
Best Contemporary Song:
• 'Foundations’- Kate Nash
• 'Golden Skans’ - Klaxons
• 'People Help The People’ - Cherry Ghost
Best Original Film Score:
• Atonement - Dario Marianelli
• Becoming Jane - Adrain Johnston
• La Vie en Rose - Christopher Gunning
Best Television Soundtrack:
• Oliver Twist - Martin Phipps
• Primo Composer - Jonathan Goldstein
• Who Killed Mrs De Ropp? - Paul Moessl
PRS Most Performed Work:
• 'Ruby’ - Kaiser Chiefs
• 'Shine’ - Take That
• 'Starz In Their Eyes’ - Just Jack
Best Selling British Song:
• 'Beautiful Liar’ - Shakira & Beyonce
• 'Grace Kelly’ - Mika
• 'Rehab’ - Amy Winehouse
• 'In Rainbows’ – Radiohead
• 'Man On The Roof’ - Stephen Fretwell
• 'Thirst For Romance’ - Cherry Ghost
Pic credit: PA Photos